Have you ever dreamed of working in the action sports industry? Although it is a lot of hard work, it is the best way to earn a living we have found, and it is how we live our lives whether we are getting paid for it or not. We freeze our hands turning screws in the snow, we stay up for 36 hours getting ready for trade shows, drive long distances, and constantly strive to get better at what we do, making great skis. However, we also get to test new powder ski designs, go to great events, travel, ski, and meet many of the amazing people in this industry. If this sounds like you, maybe there is a place for you at Liberty Skis.
Liberty Skis was started by a small group of riders with a set of ideas about both twin-tip and single-tip skis that perform at the highest level, and that also tread lightly on the planet. Liberty was the first (and is still the only) ski company to use bamboo cores in every ski, and we lead the way by being the first ski company to use 100% windpower for all of our electricity needs. All of this is nice, but wouldn’t mean anything if our skis didn’t rip. They do. Just pick up any ski magazine, or ask anyone who rides Liberty. There is a reason that we are most award-winningest independent ski company.
Many of our interns go on to careers in the action sports world, or just have a great time and an experience they won’t forget. A few even impressed us so much that we found positions for them here at Liberty. If you are hard-working, have a good sense of humor and understand what it means to be a skier, keep reading.
Mid-West Sales Representative
Job Summary //
– Manage sales and client relationships within assigned region.
– Identify new business opportunities within existing and new markets.
– Travel and attend trade shows to prospect and open new store accounts.
The candidate must be a goal driven, highly motivated, entrepreneurial professional, able to work independently and partner with the national sales manager.
General responsibilities //
– Responsible for growing, managing, and executing the sales strategy within the assigned territory. This includes regular store visits to monitor sell through, product mix, sales trends, and in-store placement.
– Develop and implement strategies to create new revenue opportunities within existing accounts.
– Pursue new accounts by cold calling and lead generation (both in person and over the phone).
– Travel and attend trade shows throughout the year to generate new sales and open new accounts.
– Secure orders and ensure proper flow of information is communicated to management.
– Compile and monitor weekly sales performance to interpret trends, track top performing styles, and identify re-order opportunities.
– Collect retailer feedback, competitive data, sales trends, market insights, and market opportunities for management.
– Partner with internal teams (Customer Service and Accounting) for order processing, account setups, and account payments/ invoices.
– Travel to accounts for sales meetings and review business results.
– Attend sales meetings in Avon, CO
– Execute a high level of customer service to retailers and maintain long-term viable relationships for the brand.
– Manage all aspects of company visual standards in-store, POP/fixture requests, store training, and special event promotions.
– Maintain travel calendar.
Required Experience, Skills & Education //
– 3+ years sales experience
– Established retailer relationships in specialty channels and the ability to develop new business.
– Extensive knowledge of the ski industry and ski products.
– Maintain high profile communication skills and must possess the ability to present clearly and effectively.
– Highly computer literate.
Liberty is always looking for talented interns. Applicants must understand that all intern positions are unpaid, but if you are a college student, your school should provide you with college credit. Some positions require travel or portions of the internship to be spent here in CO. Other positions can be fulfilled remotely. If interested, please check below for available positions. Please check our website often to see what positions are available, as these come up from time to time depending on our needs. A cover letter and resume listing applicable skills and areas of interest should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for any internship.
Available Internship Positions:
Winter High Season
Duration: 6-8 weeks depending on applicant, snow and travel conditions.
Dates: Dec 1 – Feb 28
Duration: 4-ish weeks coincident with your school’s “Jan-Plan”
Duration: As long as we can keep you.
Duration: 6-8 weeks
Dates: Dec 15- March 15
Prerequisite Skills: Applicant must have a strong work ethic, good communication skills and willingness to adapt to a wide variety of tasks. Applicant should be willing to travel, and have an interest and working knowledge of global ski culture. Must have a good sense of humor. Proficiency in additional languages a plus. Those interested should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Please do not send any request or submission prior to reviewing this link: libertyskis.com/sponsorship